Laser Cut Quality Guide
Optimize the cut quality
Optimize the cut quality for any material using the following steps:
- Use the closest known settings to the material you are trying to cut.
- Verify that the lens and/or window is clean and in good condition.
- Verify that the nozzle is in good condition and is centered properly.
- Create a test part that has interior and exterior features.
- Adjust the focus either up or down until the best possible edge quality is visually achieved.
- Adjust the gas pressure up or down until the best possible edge quality is visually achieved.
- Begin by setting feed rate 10% below the recommended setting. Adjust the feed rate up in increments of 5% with each improving test part. When the cut begins to visually degrade, set the feedrate back to the previous setting achieving optimum edge quality .
Balance head levels and gas flow
Examine the cut
Factory cut chart settings
Kerf too narrow
Kerf too wide
Picture of Machine
charts to show the difference
Laser Engraver Guide